Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Step Into Art Introduction

By Jadyn Baptista

This year the 6th graders have been working super hard on their project called “Step Into Art”. Step Into Art is for the students of Mother Caroline Academy to show their art work and just have fun with it. The thing is the only students that do it are the 6th graders. The 7th and 8th grades did it when they were in the 6th grade.

The head of Step Into Art is Ms. Bartels and she is the art teacher. I have heard that it is super fun so because I am in the 5th grade I can’t wait until next year. Ms.Bartels, my art teacher, said that she has fun working with the 6th graders. Also I have seen their art work on the art room tables, and it is amazing. Now we have the 7th graders’ art work out in our hall way. “It makes the halls look even better than yesterday,” I say. Every time when I pass by the art room and the 6th grade are in there, all I see are smiles, even the teacher.

Here is a word from my art teacher. She says that she loves the Step Into Art program because it combines art and writing which are her two favorite things. How it works is that the 6th graders go on a field trip to the Sackler Museum at Harvard University in September to look at paintings. Then they write stories and poems about what they saw at the museums. Then they work on painting their own self-portraits in art class which are displayed in an exhibit at Harvard University on Saturday, January 7. It is free to go and you’ll get to see beautiful art work. I can not wait until I go there. The Step Into Art program sounds amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment