Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

Thursday, January 19 2012 was the opening of the new wing of the museum. Mayor Menino was there and he gave a great speech and some of the girls in my class got to shake his hand. The museum is a great deal to my school and the city of Boston because it is a beautiful work of art created by a beautiful woman and it deserves to be celebrated. My school Mother Caroline Academy has a partnership with the museum where my class the fifth grade goes to the museum and creates beautiful works of art. We go to the museum once a month on Fridays. The museum is at 280, the Fenway, Boston, MA 02115. Also the new entrance is on Evans Way.
By: Anicia


My experience at the Gardner museum was spectacular. The art was fantastic and I was amazed. The food was delicious. The art was also inspiring and the birds were beautiful. We got to see pictures of Isabella and her husband. We also got to see the fire places and some of her writings. At the end when we were all in the frigid cold we saw birds j walking and it was funny.
By: Chris- Ann




My experience at The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum was nice. I was offered foods and drinks. I got to meet new people. I saw the mayor and didn’t get to shake his hand sadly. The part that I liked the most was the food and the art project that we were able to do using coffee. The point of the art project was to place drops of coffee on a piece of paper then move it around until I saw an image. I didn’t really like the trip all that much because we didn’t really do anything fun. At least I got to go but, than that It was pretty good to go and observe all the artwork and furniture that was in the building that Isabella and her workers had built.
By:Kamille


What I saw was beautiful. When I saw those pictures I realized what art is. If you want to be an artist you must see that museum. That was one of the BEST museums I’ve ever seen in my life. I was amazed about the way she organized it. So if I ever become an artist I may just go there, and draw what I see. I love that museum and, they serve mini pancakes, sugary donuts, and an egg. I bet when we go there again I would love to draw pictures about what I see. Also next time maybe you can come to see the wonderland of art.
By: Amauna


My class and I went to the opening of the new building at the Isabella Gardner Museum. Mayor Menino was there and many different news stations (like Fox 25 news, 7 News etc.) were also there and some of the artists that have their art work in the museum was there. It was beautiful and new it smelled fresh, there was a living room/ library and there were two adorable birds. We also went to the old part of the museum it was ancient and beautiful but you couldn’t touch anything because they were all old and might break. Isabella also left some pages out of her journal or things like pictures of her or other people she might’ve known. There were lots of hidden pictures behind curtains (I thought it was pretty cool). I really enjoy the Isabella Gardner Museum and I wish I could go back there again.
By:Hunessa

No comments:

Post a Comment